Florida homeowners and tenants in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Pinellas and Sarasota counties affected by Hurricane Ian can apply for FEMA disaster assistance.
Survivors can apply for disaster assistance at www.disasterassistance.gov by calling 800-621-3362 from 7a. m. at 11 p.m. m. Eastern time, or using FEMA mobile app. If you use a streaming service, such as the video streaming service (VRS), the subtitle phone service, or others, provide FEMA with the number for that service.
When applying for assistance, keep the following information at hand:
- A current phone number where you can contact her
- His address at the time of disaster and the address where he is staying now
- Your Social Security Number
- A general list of damages and losses
- Bank information if you choose direct deposit
- If insured, the policy number or agent and/or the name of the company
Survivors may be eligible to receive assistance for uninsured damage and loss resulting from Hurricane Ian. If you have home, renter or flood insurance, you must file a claim beforehand s possible. FEMA cannot duplicate benefits for losses covered by insurance. If your policy doesn’t cover all of your disaster expenses, you may be eligible for federal assistance.
Take photos to document damage and begin cleanup and repairs to avoid further damage. Remember to keep receipts for all cleaning and repair related purchases..
Disaster assistance may include financial assistance with temporary housing and home repairs, as well as other disaster-related expenses.
Se ha abierto una línea directa de limpieza del hogar para apoyar a los sobrevivientes de Ian. El centro de llamadas estará abierto hasta el 28 de octubre de 2022. Cualquier persona que necesite ayuda con la limpieza de tormentas en su residencia puede llamar al 800-451-1954.
- – Árboles caídos
- – Eliminación de paneles de yeso, pisos y electrodomésticos hasta la acera
- – Techos de lona
- – Retirada de escombros a bordillo.