Our Commitment to Our Donors
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by Charity Navigator, both online and offline, on any Platform (‘Platform’, includes the Charity Navigator website and mobile applications) and any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
The WCDC can choose to provide more information such as:
- Describe, specifically, which information – including “personally identifiable matter” – the organization collects from donors and how it’s collected. (donor names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers)
- Explain how the group uses donor information. (answer requests, process membership applications, produce receipts for donations, acknowledge donors for their contributions, inform donors about news, upcoming fundraisers, events, internal analysis, and reports)
- Give donors an “opt-out” choice or state that the WCDC doesn’t sell, trade, or share private data. Otherwise, explain which personally identifiable data may be shared with third parties, and why; and tell donors how they can access or change their data.
- List third-party websites and links on the organization’s website, and disclose if it uses “cookies.”
- Describe security measures in place.
Also, including this note is recommended: