A Leader in Wimauma Economic Development
Wimauma Community Development Corporation is the community’s lead economic development organization. Our goal is to proactively create an environment for private industry to generate and retain jobs and for people of all economic backgrounds to thrive. We do this through coordinating with local business and county leaders, as well as elected officials and organizations at all levels of government, to make systemic community-level changes
In partnership with others, a wide variety of efforts — from job training to finding ways to create workforce housing and child care — help us fulfill our ambitious targets toward economic inclusivity in Wimauma.
Key Facts about Wimauma
- The economy of Wimauma, FL employs 3.04k people.
- The largest industries in Wimauma, FL are Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting, Construction, and Manufacturing, and the highest paying industries are Information ($130,417), and Transportation & Warehousing ($42,094),
- In 2017, Wimauma, FL had a population of 7.14k people with a median age of 28.8 and a median household income of $35,741.
- Between 2016 and 2017 the population of Wimauma, FL grew from 6,772 to 7,140, a 5.43% increase and its median household income grew from $30,197 to $35,741, a 18.4% increase.
- The population of Wimauma, FL is 74.3% Hispanic or Latino, 15.8% White, and 7.06% Black or African American.
Wimauma Now! is a community project led by the Wimauma Community Development Corporation in partnership with Enterprising Latinas. The project’s goal is to update the Wimauma Village Plan, adopted by Hillsborough County in 2007, especially as it relates to developing the downtown economic corridor. Once completed, the updates and recommendations will be submitted as a plan amendment to the Wimauma Village Plan and guide development in the downtown area as well as provide a framework for related land development use and regulations.
More about Wimauma Now! (click here)